20 Free Spring Bucket List Ideas with Free Printable
Spring is here! It’s time to get outside and enjoy the nice weather while we can. I have created a list of things to do this spring and they’re all free! Check out the spring bucket list ideas I have for you today and grab your free printable!
*Post contains affiliate links. It’s free for you to click the links, however, if you choose to make a purchase I will get compensated. To learn more click here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Spring is here! The trees and flowers are blooming and the grass is turning greener.
Besides fall, spring is my favorite season. I love it when all the colors start popping out and showing off.
I have a magnolia tree in my backyard that I absolutely love. When it blooms, the flowers are huge! They turn pink and white and when the petals start to fall off the ground underneath is a soft bed of pink. It’s just beautiful!
This is the tree that I love to relax under and read a book. Not only is it beautiful, but it smells amazing!
Now let’s get on to the spring bucket list I have created for you. The best thing about this list is that everything is free!
Don’t forget to print out the spring bucket list at the bottom so you can check everything off that you would like to do this spring.
20 Free Spring Bucket List Ideas
- Read a book outside: Of course, that would be my first one! That’s the thing I love to do most to relax. Get a book that you’ve been meaning to read for a while and take time to read it. (Check out this list of ways to get free books.)
- Play a game with bubbles: Have one person blow the bubbles while another person tries to pop them before they hit the ground.
- Walk in the rain: Instead of moping around on a rainy day, take your umbrella outside and go for a short walk!
- Plant a small container garden: Grab a small pot and plant a few small plants. Or, grab a bucket and plant a tomato plant that you can watch grow on your back porch!
- Fly a kite: Grab a kite and head to the backyard or a nearby park. (Just remember to stay away from powerlines!)
- Camp indoors: I don’t like camping one bit, but camping inside is a different story. Set up a tent in the living room, or make one by draping blankets over the kitchen chairs. Grab a flashlight and tell some spooky stories.
- Eat outside: Grab your lunch and go outside to eat. Even if it’s just a snack it’s better than being inside.
- Cloud watch: One of my favorite things to do as a little girl was to lay on my back in the middle of the cow field and watch the clouds roll by. I would imagine those clouds were so many different things!
- Watch the birds: Grab a blanket or a chair and some binoculars if you have some and watch the birds. Go to the library and find a bird book and see how many you can identify.
- Dye Easter Eggs: Decorating ideas for Easter eggs are endless! See how many different colors you can come up with. I love to draw flowers on the egg with a white crayon before dying. The color will not stick to the white! One of our family traditions, when I was little, was to always save one egg. We’d mix all the colors together and let that last egg soak for a while. It almost always comes out brown, but it was our tradition! I still do that.
- Plant a butterfly garden: Plant flowers that attract butterflies and watch them grow. In the following months, you’ll have plenty of beautiful butterflies visiting.
- Give back: Help an elderly neighbor with mowing their lawn, or make small flower bouquets for nursing homes.
- Have an outdoor scavenger hunt: Get outside and send participants to find butterflies, flowers, clovers, a bird’s nest, etc.
- Celebrate Earth Day: Make Earth Day crafts, take your own grocery bags when shopping, plant a tree, try reusable coffee cups, or walk instead of driving.
- Repurpose something into a planter: Find something that you already have laying around the house and turn it into a planter for spring plants. Check out how I did that with an old mailbox here.
- Spring cleaning: Yes, I know that doesn’t sound too fun, but make a game of it. Play some music and have everyone go through their rooms and throw away the trash and take out clothes they no longer wear, shoes that no longer fit, or toys they no longer play with.
- Play an outdoor game: Remember those fun games we played at recess when we were younger – Red Rover, Tag, Hide and Seek? Bring those back! Also, try Frisbee or Mother May I or just bring a board game outside and play on a blanket under a tree.
- Have a family car wash: Grab the water hose and suds and get rid of all the winter yuckiness just sitting on your car’s paint.
- Make a rain gauge: You probably have most everything you need to make a rain gauge. Here’s a quick video on how to make one: https://youtu.be/MLmVaiSEF9w.
- Just relax: Do something that you find relaxing and just take the time to do it. For me, that would be reading a book outside. I bet you never would have guessed that one!
I hope you enjoyed this spring bucket list full of free things to keep you busy!
What would you add to the list? What’s your favorite spring activity?
Click on the photo to get your FREE spring bucket list printable!
Can’t print it right now? That’s okay! Pin it for later!!
Check out these spring DIY’s before you go!
Looking for some great life hacks? Check these out!
94 thoughts on “20 Free Spring Bucket List Ideas with Free Printable”
You know what I like to do in the rain?! Put dish soap on the car and wash it. No garden hose required– free water! And you make lots of passersby smile!! : )
Liberty from B4andAfters.com
What a fun idea! I never thought of doing that before, but I’ll be keeping that in mind the next time it rains. 🙂
Thats really a good ideas Liberty… never thought of that way… definitely gonna try this next time when it rains… Thanks for sharing….
Great ideas! After 25 years of deafness, my cochlear implants let me hear the birds again. I sit on my apartment patio in a rocker and listen with joy and thankfulness. Now you’ve made me wish I had a jar of bubbles. I know there are homemade recipes but what could you use for a wand?
I’m so glad you get to hear the birds again. What a wonderful thing to be grateful for! When I was little we just used the empty dish soap container when my mom was done with it. We filled a bucket with soapy water and dipped the container in it. 😀 Or one of those metal spoons that comes with the Easter egg dying kits.
I love these ideas! I also recommend foraging for wild medicinal plants. Wild violet leaves, plantain leaves and dandelions are perfect for infusing in oil to make balms and salves!
That’s a great idea! Thank you for sharing!
We are elderly, and I always ask my nextdoor neighbor if I can get any shopping for her.
That’s really sweet of you to do!
If I was on my own, I would hope someone would be there for me.
Another great post, with great ideas Michelle and that is a gorgeous magnolia tree.
Thank you so much! I love that tree so much. I wish I could take it with me when we move! 😀
Perfect spring time for cleansing or reading 🙂
Thank you! I’d definitely rather be reading. 😀
This word relax you speak of is alien to me lol 😀
Lol!! It is a hard thing to do around here, too. 😀
I love the photos of your magnolia tree – so beautiful! It may be harder than usual to complete some of those activities this Spring, in the current circumstances, but actually most of those activities can be done at home!
Thank you! I love it, too. It’s so pretty when it blooms! I tried my best to make sure most of these are activities that can be done at home. Which is where I’m staying! 😀
Reading and walking outside are fun ideas. You have a great list of simple, but fun things to do.
Right now we’re pretty much staying inside. We’re in a critical age group with this virus. We’re healthy though. I hope that helps.
Have a fabulous day and weekend. Be well. ♥
Thank you! I’m staying inside, too, but trying to sit outside on my porch for a few minutes each day to get some fresh air. 🙂
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
I had to pin this! Gonna use it during the quarantine! 🙂
Thank you so much for pinning! Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
Hi Michelle, I nominate you to
Fix crown award https://positivesideofcoin.com/2020/03/21/fix-her-crown/
Thank you so much! You’re so sweet!
You’re welcome dear Michelle, you deserve it ❤️??
Magnolia trees are so beautiful, but it’s such a shame that they die so quickly!
I know! I wish they would stay pink all the time.
These are lovely suggestions, and it brings a smile to your face just reading through them. I used to love walking in the rain when I was younger too, so refreshing and it’s so nice to get home and snug afterwards. Best part is all this outdoors and nature is free and in most cases you can do it while staying safe and isolating. xx
Thank you so much! I tried to find as many activities as I could that didn’t involve leaving home. Walking in the rain can be so refreshing sometimes! 🙂
Great ideas! My husband and I went for a bike ride today! That was pleasant and different! I will have to do some of the things on your list. This is a great time for new ideas, when many people are stuck at home. Thanks for sharing!
That sounds like a lot of fun! It’s nice to get out and do something new. Thank you!!!
Bridget, I totally love your blog! If it hadn’t been for sweet Michelle I might never have discovered you. May God continue to bless you as you share His Word.
Aw thank you so much! It is so nice to “meet” you! Thanks for reaching out! Blessings!
You too, woman of God.
I absolutely adore that Magnolia tree Michelle. It’s one of the most beautiful ones I’ve ever seen 🙂 No wonder you love sitting under it so much, just enjoying a great book and a nice breeze. Ahhh, sounds amazing!!
This list is perfect. Given the current climate of craziness, this soothing and fun list of things we can do to enjoy our days is a wonderful reminder to still enjoy life!
Container gardening is a great one. It’s amazing how calming gardening can be. I’m a big fan of just being with nature too – whether that’s going for a walk (love the rain idea!) or just sitting out and listening to the birds. Some of my favorite memories were enjoying the sounds of birds talking about their day with a refreshing breeze blowing through. It feels like a smile straight from God 🙂
Thanks for this list my friend. You’ve brought tons of smiles! I’ll be sure to share those smiles too. We all need your dosage of happiness right now! ♥
It’s beautiful, isn’t it? I just love it!
Thank you so much! Walking in the rain can be so refreshing. 🙂 I never liked gardening, but here lately I find myself wanting to be outside more with my hands in the dirt. The memories you have of the birds and the breeze is so lovely. Just sitting outside listening to God’s creatures is such a relaxing thing to do.
Thank you for your sweet words! They mean so much to me!!
So beautiful! Spring is my favorite season even if here I can’t experience it though ??
Thank you so much! Oh no! Well, at least you can look at the beautiful photos of Spring. 😀
Beautiful & inspiring ?
Thank you so much!
wonderful list I’ll be collecting rain water- thank you sharing these ideas Michelle 🙂
Thank you so much!! 🙂
Thanks for sharing. Spring is not quiet the same when in quarantine though :/
That’s true, but there are some things you can still do from home at least. I hope you’re doing well!
Thanks you too!!
Hi Michelle, I have nominated you for the Mystery Blogger Award: https://debbyseo.wordpress.com/2020/03/21/mystery-blogger-award/ . I hope you will accept my nomination and have fun answering the questions. Warm Regards, Debby Winter
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me!
Great ideas and I love your magnolia blossoms – a beautiful sight!
Thank you so much!
Great list! Spring is my favorite season. I love your tree, so pretty
Thank you so much! Mine, too. Thanks! It’s my favorite thing about my yard. 😀
These are great suggestions, Michelle! Flying a kite and cloud watching are my favourites, they are really cute ideas! Thanks for the inspiration and the beautiful photos too! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com
Thank you so much! I love cloud watching, too. It’s so relaxing! And you don’t even have to leave your house to do it. 🙂
Michelle what a great blog and perfect timing. Love your tips. You always seem to find the right blog at the right time.
Thank you so much, Terrie!
Great ideas Michelle… eating outside, bubble games, outdoor games, family car wash, that all sound so interesting and fun especially when we are going through this Covid -19 situation and mostly staying inside. we can at least enjoy that kind of fun activities in our own backyard… thanks for inspiration hon…❤️
Thank you so much! I agree. Since we have to stay in we might as well find something to keep us entertained and our minds off what’s going on. Thank you for your comment!
Gurl, you are amazing! I love your ideas!
Thank you so much!!
You truly do have the most interesting ideas. I probably don’t tell folks enough just what a blessing they are to me. You are always so encouraging
You’re so sweet! That means a lot to me!
What a beautiful tree! I love to read a book outside or even just sit in the sun and soak up the warmth.. it’s currently snowing outside so we’ll have to wait just a bit longer to try any of these. Pinned.
Thank you! I wish the tree would stay pink all year. 🙂 Reading a book outside is so relaxing. Thank you for pinning!
Wow I love that beautiful magnolia tree. I could spend hours taking photos of it. Your list is also timely not only because it’s spring, but also because of our health crisis right now, and so many will have time on their hands to do some of the things on your list.
Thank you! I love it, too. I wish it would stay pink all year. I tried to add things to the list that involved staying home. I hope you’re doing well!
That would be so lovely if they were pink all year. I’m doing ok. Blessings to you and your family especially at this time of crisis for all of us.
This article is helpful for me to have some fun activities in the spring. Thanks for sharing!
I’m so glad you found it helpful! I hope you’re doing well.
I nominated you for the liebster award
Thank you so much!!
These are great ideas. Love them, especially the cloud watching, flower planting and the family car wash and inside camping. ?
Hope you are staying safe during this period?.
Thank you so much!! ? Yes we are doing well, thank you. I hope you are, too! ❤️
You are welcome. ?
Glad to know that. Yes I am too. ❤
Thanks for some new idea and reminders of others.
You’re welcome! Thank you for reading!!
Awesome ideas, I always love the spring season !! And you amazingly captured the magnolia tree !!! ?
Thank you so much! I love spring, too, especially after the dreary winter season.
You’re correct Michelle !!! ?
Great ideas, Michelle! Your magnolia tree is stunning!
Thank you!! I love it, too. I wish it would stay pink all year.
Such lovely ideas and a great post, thank you Michelle! Hope you’re keeping well xxx
Thank you so much! We’re doing well so far. I hope you are, too!
Yes very well thank you Michelle! X
Great ideas! #9 is my favorite. Imagine that?!? ?
I never would have guessed! ? Thank you!!
Ohhhh I love these ideas…I do plan to plant a container garden this year…I’m looking for research on them…you wouldn’t happen to have any of your posts covering any info on them would you? Some of my Pinterest searches made me feel overwhelmed ?
Thank you so much! Pinterest does get overwhelming sometimes. I do have a post on pro tips for potted plants, but not one on a container garden alone. I hope you can find what you’re looking for! You should definitely blog about it!
Ya I might have to do that!! This’ll be my first year doing the container garden so it’ll be trial and error ?I’m gonna check out that post too, thanks for the link!!
You are a fascinating young lady, dear friend.
Isn’t it amazing how we all have different gifting, yet we all learn from each other!
Thank you so much! You made my day!