March seems like a slow month for both retailers and consumers, however, there are a lot of discounts to be found. To find out more about how to save money this month, check out this extensive guide on the best things to buy in March!
*Post contains affiliate links. It’s free for you to click the links, however, if you choose to make a purchase I will get compensated. To learn more click here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
March has that weird in-between season weather where it’s freezing one day and warm the next. It seems like such a slow month since there’s not a lot going on. Not only is it slow for shoppers, but also for retailers. There are no gift-giving holidays or three-day weekends to encourage sales in March.
However, there’s still quite a bit to celebrate in March.
- National Frozen Food Day is March 6th.
- Pi Day is March 14th.
- St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th.
And my daughter’s birthday is March 31st, which she claims is a national holiday.
So before you head out the door on a shopping spree this month, read this guide on the best things to buy in March so you can keep money in your pocket all year!
See more money-saving tips here!
The Best Things to Buy in March
- Frozen foods – March is National Frozen Food Month! That means sales on frozen food items, plus new coupons are being generated for frozen food brands. Easy Home Meals is participating in a March Frozen Food Month $10,000 Sweepstakes. Click here to learn more.
- Seasonal Produce – Know what produce is in season this month to get the best deals and the freshest foods. For vegetables, look for broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, asparagus, peas, leeks, avocados, and radishes. For fruits looks for lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit.
- Valentine’s Gifts – Valentine’s Day is long gone, but you can still score some great deals on Valentine’s items early in March, such as jewelry and perfume. Now is the time to look for that 90% off price tag! These purchases can be used as Mother’s Day gifts, too.
- Exercise Equipment – March is the best month to buy treadmills and elliptical machines. Since warmer weather is coming up soon and more people like getting outside for exercise, retailers are trying to spark interest in these machines now.
- Athletic Apparel – Keep an eye on clearance racks this month for older stock athletic apparel. New colors and patterns are coming out quickly and the stores need room to put them on the sales floor.
- Golf Clubs – Last summer’s golf club models are going on sale this month so stores can make room the new releases. Look for other summer-specific sports equipment, too.
- Winter Apparel – Now’s the time to grab a new winter coat! Put it away for next year, or wrap it up and hide it. It will be a nice surprise in 9 months. Also, keep an eye out for winter boots, sweaters, and scarves on the clearance racks.
- Android Smartphones – New products for Android uses were revealed at the end of February, which means that new Android products come out this month. Markdowns on older models will be plentiful, so if you’re looking for a new phone without all the latest tech, now is the time to score a great deal.
- Digital Cameras – New models will be hitting stores soon, so if you’re in the market for a new digital camera, now is the time to grab one at a discount.
- Vacuums – Since it’s the beginning of spring cleaning season, major retailers are making down vacuums. For example, Target is offering savings of $30 to $40 off select brands, while Walmart is rolling back prices of up to $30 off select models. Bed, Bath & Beyond have Bissell vacuums on sale this month for up to $50 off.
- Spring Cleaning Supplies – It’s that time of year again – spring cleaning! Toward the end of March, you will start seeing sales and coupons on all-purpose cleaners, dusters, detergents, and more. Stock up on cleaning supplies you’ll use all year.
- Televisions – March Madness is March 17 to April 7, so retailers will be dropping prices on various TV models just as they do for the Super Bowl. Speakers and soundbars also get a discount alongside TVs. Best Buy has smart TVs as low as $119!
- Luggage – Luggage sales are aimed at spring breakers this month, but you can grab a good deal even if you have no travel plans. Now is a great time to shop for carry-ons, duffel bags, and backpacks to save up to 50% off. Check out Kohl’s and Macy’s for great deals.
- St. Patrick’s Day Deals – Save money throughout St. Patrick’s Day weekend by going to local parades and festivals. After the holiday, look for major discounts on all things green, from decorations and apparel to food!
- Pi(e) – March 14th is National Pie Day so keep an eye out for discounts on pizza pies and desserts.
Tip: If you’re shopping online this month for great deals, be sure to use Rakuten to get cashback! Spend $25 and get $10 back!!
I put together this list of the best things to buy in March with links to save you time and money. I know how time-consuming it is to do research before making a purchase so I hope this has been helpful for you.
What will you be shopping for during the month of March?