The Best Things to Buy in March
March seems like a slow month for both retailers and consumers, however, there are a lot of discounts to be found. To find out more about how to save money this month, check out this extensive guide on the best things to buy in March!
*Post contains affiliate links. It’s free for you to click the links, however, if you choose to make a purchase I will get compensated. To learn more click here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
March has that weird in-between season weather where it’s freezing one day and warm the next. It seems like such a slow month since there’s not a lot going on. Not only is it slow for shoppers, but also for retailers. There are no gift-giving holidays or three-day weekends to encourage sales in March.
However, there’s still quite a bit to celebrate in March.
- National Frozen Food Day is March 6th.
- Pi Day is March 14th.
- St. Patrick’s Day is March 17th.
And my daughter’s birthday is March 31st, which she claims is a national holiday.
So before you head out the door on a shopping spree this month, read this guide on the best things to buy in March so you can keep money in your pocket all year!
See more money-saving tips here!
The Best Things to Buy in March
- Frozen foods – March is National Frozen Food Month! That means sales on frozen food items, plus new coupons are being generated for frozen food brands. Easy Home Meals is participating in a March Frozen Food Month $10,000 Sweepstakes. Click here to learn more.
- Seasonal Produce – Know what produce is in season this month to get the best deals and the freshest foods. For vegetables, look for broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, asparagus, peas, leeks, avocados, and radishes. For fruits looks for lemons, limes, oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit.
- Valentine’s Gifts – Valentine’s Day is long gone, but you can still score some great deals on Valentine’s items early in March, such as jewelry and perfume. Now is the time to look for that 90% off price tag! These purchases can be used as Mother’s Day gifts, too.
- Exercise Equipment – March is the best month to buy treadmills and elliptical machines. Since warmer weather is coming up soon and more people like getting outside for exercise, retailers are trying to spark interest in these machines now.
- Athletic Apparel – Keep an eye on clearance racks this month for older stock athletic apparel. New colors and patterns are coming out quickly and the stores need room to put them on the sales floor.
- Golf Clubs – Last summer’s golf club models are going on sale this month so stores can make room the new releases. Look for other summer-specific sports equipment, too.
- Winter Apparel – Now’s the time to grab a new winter coat! Put it away for next year, or wrap it up and hide it. It will be a nice surprise in 9 months. Also, keep an eye out for winter boots, sweaters, and scarves on the clearance racks.
- Android Smartphones – New products for Android uses were revealed at the end of February, which means that new Android products come out this month. Markdowns on older models will be plentiful, so if you’re looking for a new phone without all the latest tech, now is the time to score a great deal.
- Digital Cameras – New models will be hitting stores soon, so if you’re in the market for a new digital camera, now is the time to grab one at a discount.
- Vacuums – Since it’s the beginning of spring cleaning season, major retailers are making down vacuums. For example, Target is offering savings of $30 to $40 off select brands, while Walmart is rolling back prices of up to $30 off select models. Bed, Bath & Beyond have Bissell vacuums on sale this month for up to $50 off.
- Spring Cleaning Supplies – It’s that time of year again – spring cleaning! Toward the end of March, you will start seeing sales and coupons on all-purpose cleaners, dusters, detergents, and more. Stock up on cleaning supplies you’ll use all year.
- Televisions – March Madness is March 17 to April 7, so retailers will be dropping prices on various TV models just as they do for the Super Bowl. Speakers and soundbars also get a discount alongside TVs. Best Buy has smart TVs as low as $119!
- Luggage – Luggage sales are aimed at spring breakers this month, but you can grab a good deal even if you have no travel plans. Now is a great time to shop for carry-ons, duffel bags, and backpacks to save up to 50% off. Check out Kohl’s and Macy’s for great deals.
- St. Patrick’s Day Deals – Save money throughout St. Patrick’s Day weekend by going to local parades and festivals. After the holiday, look for major discounts on all things green, from decorations and apparel to food!
- Pi(e) – March 14th is National Pie Day so keep an eye out for discounts on pizza pies and desserts.
Tip: If you’re shopping online this month for great deals, be sure to use Rakuten to get cashback! Spend $25 and get $10 back!!
I put together this list of the best things to buy in March with links to save you time and money. I know how time-consuming it is to do research before making a purchase so I hope this has been helpful for you.
What will you be shopping for during the month of March?
If you missed the best things to buy in January and February, go check them out now and save them for next year!
55 thoughts on “The Best Things to Buy in March”
So helpful…probably cleaning supplies, what with three rescued cats now inhabiting my domicile! 🙂
Thank you so much! That’s sweet of you to take them in. 🙂
Yeah, I’m a sucker for strays! LOL
? I chuckled when you said that your daughter says her birthday is a national holiday. That’s adorable! Best celebrated all month long too I bet?
National Frozen Food Month? I had no idea! We are big fans of Bird’s Eye Stream-fresh around this house. They’re awesome for nights when I simply can’t muster up the desire to cook much else. (Although Bill is a much better cook than I)
I had no idea about the exercise equipment either but that does make sense with warmer weather coming. The winter clothing deals are definitely good ones this time of year.
Love it Michelle! You always come up with the best ideas for how to live a more financially free life. Thank you! ?
Yes, she starts on the first day of March counting down the days to her birthday, just like it’s Christmas! 😀
I love the Bird’s Eye Steam-fresh, too. They are so quick and easy to make, especially when I just don’t feel like cooking. Which is often here lately. 🙂
Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate that! 😀
I LOL when I read that your daughter claims her birthday a national holiday, I’m with her for my birthday LOL I had no idea about most of these things, like national frozen food month and spring cleaning supplies, luggage, wow great to know. Thank you Michelle for this great information. xo
She starts counting the days on the first day of the month and hates that it takes so long! haha! You’re welcome! I’m happy to help! 🙂
Great tips, thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much! Happy to help!
Very informative Blessings by me
Thank you so much!
You are welcome
Thanks for more great ideas. Helpful, as usual. Thanks
Thank you! I’m always happy to help people save money! 🙂
Great list! We have a friend that needs a new TV and has been waiting for a good price so good to know now is the time to buy!
Thank you! Yes, now is the time to grab one before the prices go back up. 🙂
I had to share your post with my husband, he is a golfer and said that’s good to know. I love your tops Michelle.
Thank you! I’m always happy to help people save some money. I hope your hubby snags a great deal on some new clubs! 🙂
I like your daughter’s thinking! My fav has to be Pie day and frozen food month. I started paying more attention to sales recently but …I still have a long way to go before I automatically do that. Force of habit of buying whenever a need has come up instead of anticipating. I admire those who each year do look out for these bargain times to shop though. It all makes sense…retail and life goes by the seasons in a very cyclic way. reading all your posts on “best things to buy this month”….will stick in my mind (thinking for the future :-)).
It is hard to jump right into planning out the sales and when is best to shop. It took me a long time to get better about that. Sometimes you don’t know when you’re going to need something so you can’t really plan ahead. Thank you so much for reading! 🙂
Yes, Michelle. That’s what I thought….it probably takes time to start getting good at this. You’re welcome!
Wow, I’ve never heard of National Frozen Food Day – how funny! I’ve actually gotten back into frozen food a bit, especially for lunch, because it’s so quick and easy. But unfortunately I just missed the date yesterday!
They are so much easier for lunches! I have to limit mine, though because I can’t have a lot of sodium but since I hate to cook for lunches I sneak more than I should. 😀
Yea I definitely make sure it’s not an everyday occurrence, but they’re great in a pinch!
Valentine’s gifts! What a good idea!
And they work perfectly for any upcoming birthdays or holidays. 🙂
Yay! Hubby needs needs a a new Android phone after shattering his screen yesterday!
Oh no! I hope he can get one while they’re on sale. I hate having to switch over to a new phone. 🙂
I agree with your daughter ??
She starts her birthday countdown on the very first day of the month! 😀
Thanks Michelle! I should definitely look for the winter apparel sales.
I really need to do that, too because my winter wardrobe must be 20 years old by now! haha! I just haven’t had any time to get out and shop. Ugh…
I have some clothes that are about that old too lol!! It seems like when I do decide to shop, I have trouble finding things I like.
Me, too! There’s so many “skimpy” clothes now and I just don’t dress like that.
Good list to buy 🙂
Thank you for these tips on what to buy in March!
Informative. Thanks for sharing this ma’am. ?
You are welcome. ?
You’re welcome! Thank you for reading!
Wow, that’s a great list, super helpful. I’ll be shopping for seasonal produce and pies – you can’t beat a good pie, haha!
Thank you so much! I agree with you on the pie! 😀
This is a really helpful list, thank you for sharing Michelle! I would like to treat myself to a new perfume soon, so will definitely be on the lookout and see what has been discounted! Fab post! <3 xx
Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com
Thank you so much! You should definitely treat yourself to the perfume. You deserve it! 🙂
A very extensive list. Thank you for all your research, Michelle!
You’re welcome! I’m happy to help!
I know March is frozen food month. I see a lot of frozen food on sale. But, now I need to concentrate on spring cleaning supplies.
There’s a lot of coupons for cleaning supplies, too, so you can get them even cheaper. 🙂
Michelle, these are such great money saving ideas. I especially loved your tips for saving money on clothes, cleaning supplies and frozen foods. The frozen food tip is especially timely!!
Thank you so much! I’m always happy to help when it comes to saving money. 🙂
Great tips here, Michelle! Sometimes we forget how to shop wisely during the in between times. I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday! And may you find some good deals as you get ready for her national holiday!
Thank you so much! Haha! I hope I can find some great deals for her national holiday, too. That makes me laugh! 😀
Thank you for this useful information! My daughter’s birthday is the 13th, my Dad the 8th, and best friend the 31st
My mom’s birthday is on the 13th, too! And my daughter’s is on the 31st! 😀