Are you struggling to make ends meet? Have you ever considered making some extra money from home? Check out these 30 ways to make extra money and put your financial worries aside for good.
*Post contains affiliate links. It’s free for you to click the links, however, if you choose to make a purchase I will get compensated. To learn more click here. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Let’s face it – almost all of us have struggled to make ends meet at some point in our lives. When my husband and I first got married, we had almost no money. Not too long after I quit my job to stay home and take care of the kids, his company shut down, leaving him with no job. Somehow, we both made it without getting the house taken away and still had food on the table. (I have to thank God for that one!)
Have you been there? Are you there right now?
Have you thought about making extra money on the side from home?
Before diving right in, think about what skills you have to offer. What is it that you’re really good at? Consider your professional background as well. Do you have a degree or certification?
Read on to learn about ways to make extra money from home.
For frugal living ideas, click here.
30 Ways to Earn Extra Money
- Freelance Writer – As a freelance writer, you can work from home and make extra money offering your services to magazines, websites, or other blogs.
- Freelance Editor – Edit the work of magazines, freelance writers, online bloggers and more and get paid.
- Web Designer – New blogs and websites are starting up every day and lots of people will pay to have you set up their blogs or websites. If you know how to code and have an eye for graphics, this may be the side job for you.
- Virtual Assistant – If you know your way around social media, then consider becoming a virtual assistant. You can be a specific virtual assistant for a company such as a marketing virtual assistant or for work for realtor clients.
- Clean houses – Start your own business cleaning houses for others. Think busy moms, handicap individuals, or older people who can no longer clean their own homes. You could do a few days a week or just on weekends.
- Mow lawns – Offer to mow the lawns of your neighbors while you’re already mowing your own. Turn it into a part-time business as word spreads.
- Sell stuff – Declutter your home and have a yard sale. People love to shop second hand to save money so it’s a win-win!
- Home stager or organizer – If you are good at organizing and decorating, consider becoming a home stager for people who are selling their homes. This is one job I would personally love to do!
- Sell on Facebook Marketplace – Find some old furniture for cheap at thrift stores or online and flip it for a profit. Christina of Christina Faye Repurposed has some amazing tips on furniture flipping for beginners.
- Write a book – Are you a writer or an expert on a certain topic? Turn your how-to’s into a book, teaching others and making extra money at the same time. If you’re great in the kitchen (like Diane) consider putting together a cookbook. Or turn your stories and ideas into a great fiction novel (like Lisa).
- Uber driver – Drive local tourists around or be a designated driver for those in need. Make extra money during your down time and meet people in the process.
- Tax Preparer – Do you have a thing for numbers? Help others out during tax time by preparing and submitting their taxes for them. Make sure you’re up-to-date with the latest tax software.
- Personal fitness trainer – Do you have a background in fitness? Consider becoming a personal fitness trainer to teach and help others with a fitness program.
- Yoga Instructor – Offer yoga classes in your home or in another location and teach yoga for a fee.
- Childcare – Have some extra time? Offer childcare services in your home a few days a week and possibly over the summer months.
- Get paid to shop – Did you know that you can get paid to do normal everyday shopping? If you shop online, you can get paid to shop with Rakuten. Plus, you can earn a $10 bonus just for trying it out! (Also check out these cashback apps to make extra money while shopping.)
- Online Teacher – Offer to teach a few times a month online.
- Baker – I have a friend who bakes cakes at her home and sells them at yard sales and online. She actually makes quite a bit of money!
- Gardner – Grow your own food at home and sell your produce at farmers markets to make extra money.
- Make stuff – Are you crafty? Can you crochet or knit? Turn your hobby into a business. Look for vendor events to sell your handmade items or open your own online store.
- Photographer – Do you enjoy taking photos? Sell your photos online to stock photo sites or start your own business taking family photos or wedding photos.
- Pet sitter – People love their pets and want to keep them safe while they’re away. Offer pet sitting services and make extra money playing with cute puppies and kittens!
- Hairstylist – My mom used to get her hair cut and styled by a lady that only worked out of her home. She did an amazing job and made more money because she didn’t have to pay rent to a salon.
- Makeup Artist – Do you know everything there is about applying makeup? Offer your services to wedding parties!
- Party Planner – Are you good at organizing a party? Help others plan family parties or even weddings for a fee.
- Nail Artist – Set up your own nail salon right in your own home. Clients will feel more comfortable and make repeat visits.
- Youtuber – YouTubers are making a lot of money sharing videos of their skills or just family outings. For example, Bushra from Bushra’s Lifestyle started her own channel recently sharing inexpensive ways to decorate and organize your home.
- Construction & Renovation – If you’re great at DIY and home remodeling consider offering your services to help others. Go all out and flip houses for some extra money.
- Professional Organizer – Another amazing job I’d love to do for others. If you’re great at organizing, consider sharing your expert knowledge for a fee. Organize closets, pantries, or entire homes for others!
- Home Laundry Business – College students and factory workers are more than willing to pay someone to do their laundry for them. If you don’t mind doing a bunch of laundry, consider giving this a try for some extra money.
If you have multiple skills then your options for making extra money are limitless. You can start a baking business making cakes, pies, and pastries if you love to bake. Turn your hobbies into a small business by opening an online store or selling handmade items at vendor events. The sky’s the limit!
Do you make extra money on the side? If so, how? I’d love to know!