Get paid to shop with these cash back apps that put money back into your pocket!
Since we are remodeling our house right now so we can sell it later, we are trying to save as much money as possible. It’s not easy when you live in an old house and new things keep popping up that need to be fixed. I’m not talking cheap little repairs, either. I mean big projects like a new roof, repaired foundation and hooking up to the town’s sewer system. Of course nothing can be easy around here.
With summer coming up I would love to be able to take a vacation, but that’s not going to happen this year. It’s been years since we took a vacation or even a little one day road trip! I want that to change so I’m trying to save money everywhere I can.
One way I save money is by using cash back apps. With most of these apps you upload a receipt after shopping and the company adds money back into your account. You are able to request payment after you rack up a certain dollar amount, but I like to let mine add up in my account before I start requesting payments.
Listed below are my favorite cash back apps that I use to earn money back into my pocket. Several of them have helped pay for Christmas!
Ibotta is a cash back app that pays you through PayPal or Venmo after your account reaches $20. It works 3 ways:
- Send in your receipt: Add offers from any supported retailer before you shop by completing simple tasks (viewing a recipe or a short video). After shopping, take a picture of your receipt through the app. Ibotta matches the items and give you the cash back.
- Link a loyalty card: Connect your loyalty card or phone number to the app. Find offers and add by completing simple tasks and go shopping. Be sure to use your loyalty card or phone number at check out!
- Purchase in the app: Find cash back offers within the app and tap the shop button. Make a qualifying purchase and get paid!
Other ways you can earn with Ibotta are to invite friends, have a team, and select bonuses. As of right now I have $48.80 in my account.
To learn more and sign up with Ibotta, click here and use my referral code q6cg.
Fetch Rewards rewards you with points when you shop. Purchase your items as usual, then scan your receipt and they’ll give you points on participating products. You can earn points by purchasing a special offer product, too. Once you have 3,000 points in your account you can redeem them in the rewards section. There are tons of rewards to choose from! As of right now I have 7,277 points!
To learn more and sign up with Fetch Rewards, click here and use my referral code M2DCN.
Coinout was featured on Shark Tank in February 2018 and shortly after became one of the top iOS apps. This app is different in that you upload any receipt from anywhere you shop and receive a random reward amount. Scan any receipt and make sure the merchant’s name, the date, all items purchased and the total spent is showing. I just started using this app recently and have $1.36 in my account. I don’t use it that often because I don’t shop that often.
To learn more and sign up with Coinout, click here.
With Shopkick you can earn rewards (called “kicks”) online and in-store. You have several ways of earning rewards with the Shopkick app.
- Walk in stores: Earn rewards at select stores just for entering.
- Scan barcodes: Find select products listed on the app and scan the barcodes while in the store using the in-app scanner.
- Link a credit card: Link your credit card and earn rewards for every dollar spent at select stores.
- Submit a receipt: When you buy certain items you can submit your receipt through the app to earn rewards.
- Visit online stores: You are able to earn rewards just by visiting some stores online and viewing products.
- Online purchases: Visit select online stores and earn rewards for every dollar spent.
- Videos: Watch in-app videos to gain rewards.
After you get 500 “kicks” you can start trading in for gift cards. I have redeemed my “kicks” for gift cards several times to purchase Christmas gifts. As of right now I have 2,212 “kicks” in my account.
To learn more about Shopkick, click here. Use my referral code when you sign up: GIFT503047
Rakuten is so easy to use! After you sign up, you click the store you want to shop at from their website and once you make a purchase they add cash back into your account. The cash back amount depends on the store you’re shopping at. You will get your earnings every 3 months either through PayPal or with a check. In March I received my first check which was $6.49. I had just signed up in December to shop for Christmas. As of right now I have $8.16 in my account. The more you shop through their site the more you get!
To learn more and sign up with Rakuten, click here.
There are way more cash back apps out there, but these happen to be my favorite. I have been using the apps listed above for a while now and love how easy they are. Do you use any of these apps? Do you have any favorite cash back apps?
Never miss a thing! Subscribe to get new posts sent right to your inbox!