Best Things to Buy in November
November is full of amazing opportunities to save money while shopping for the holidays and for yourself. Keep reading for the extensive list of the best things to buy in November.
Some of the biggest sales of the year are already here or will be here soon. November brings Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This year Black Friday deals have already started at some stores. November is a month full of great shopping opportunities to save money on your holiday supplies and gifts.
Planning ahead is key to a successful shopping season. When you plan your shopping list ahead of time you already know exactly what you need, so your stress levels will stay down. And planning your budget ahead of time keeps impulse purchases at a minimum or down to none at all. (Unless you’re like me and “accidentally” walk into Bath & Body Works)
To help you save money this month, I’ve prepared an extensive list of the best things to buy in November.
Don’t forget to use Rakuten to get cashback while shopping this holiday season!
The Best Things to Buy in November
*Post contains affiliate links. They are free for you to click on, however, I will be compensated if you make a purchase. This supports my family and I thank you for your support! To learn more, click here.
Halloween Items: Grocery stores and department stores start discounting Halloween candy and costumes the day after Halloween, however if you wait a little longer you can score even better deals, sometimes up to 80% off! Tip: You can freeze Halloween candy and bake it into recipes later.
Baking Supplies: Holiday season equals baking season! Expect discounts on flour, sugar, cake mixes, cookie dough, butter, nuts, and canned pumpkin this month.
Wedding Dresses: Bridal boutiques are clearing out their inventories for the new dresses coming in so you can find huge discounts on wedding dresses this month. My husband and I got married in December and I purchased my wedding dress online in November. I only paid $200 for it! A friend of my grandma’s did the alterations for me as a wedding gift.
Home Services: If you have extra money in your budget this month and need small remodeling projects done, November is a great time to check them off your list. Home improvement contractors are looking for business because demand is down during this time of year. They may be willing to negotiate and save you tons of money!
Food Storage Containers: Brands such as Pyrex and Rubbermaid compete with prices on their food storage containers. And what a better time to stock up than right before the holidays when you have lots of leftovers to store? Look for store sales and also search for manufacturer coupons to save the most money.
Veterans Day Deals: Veterans Day is November 11 and there are quite a few freebies for veterans that day. Restaurants such as IHOP, Red Lobster, Chili’s, Golden Corral, and thousands more are honoring veterans with free meals. Great Clips and Sports Clips are offering free hair cuts to veterans on November 11. Over 100 national parks will waive admission fees for everyone on Veterans Day. Check around to see all the freebies happening in your area.
Black Friday Deals: Normally Black Friday is the Friday right after Thanksgiving. However, because of the crazy virus this year sales are starting earlier and lasting longer.
- Walmart is having 3 big sales events this month:
- Event #1 starts November 4 with deals on toys, electronics, and home products.
- Event #2 starts November 7 with deals on TVs, computers, and tablets. There will also be deals on movies, music, home, and apparel during this event.
- Event #3 starts November 25 with even more deals added on November 27. Seasonal décor will be on sale during this event in addition to even more deals on toys, apparel, home, and electronics.
- Walmart’s annual tire event will be held on November 7-13 in stores and online.
- November 14 will be Walmart’s “biggest wireless phone event ever” online and in stores.
- Target has daily deals going on all season long while supplies last. Check their website every day for a new deal. Also, they are revealing a new Black Friday ad every week from November 1-28. Here’s how Target’s Black Friday schedule looks this year:
- November 1-7: electronics deals (with new deals announced Nov. 6-8)
- November 8-14: kitchen and floor care deals
- November 15-21: electronics, apparel, and beauty deals
- November 22-28: The Black Friday Sale – deals on toys, kitchen, floor care, select consoles video games, and electronics.
- Amazon announced its Holiday Dash event shortly after Prime Day with amazing deals through November 19. You can find deals on brand names, tech, toys, apparel, shoes, home, jewelry, and beauty.
- Best Buy has select Black Friday deals every day. Their event runs from November 5-28 and looks like this:
- November 5-8: The Wish List Sale
- November 11: Treat Yourself Sale
- November 12-14: Our Coolest Deals Sale
- November 16-17: Early access to thousands of deals from the Black Friday Ad, for My Best Buy members only
- November 22: Nearly all Black Friday deals become available
- November 26: New offers available on bestbuy.com
- November 27: Shop online or in-store Black Friday event
- November 28: Cyber deals
- JCPenney’s Black Friday sale started November 1. Expect discounts on apparel, kitchen appliances, and home goods.
- Home Depot’s deals start November 6 and go through December 2. You’ll see deals on holiday decorations, power tools, and more.
- Lowe’s is holding one-day online-only cyber deals from October 22 to December 2 with deals on tools, small appliances, lighting fixtures, flooring, and more.
- Macy’s Black Friday preview sale starts November 16 and usually has excellent deals on kitchen essentials.
- Belk’s sale runs November 20-28 with huge discounts on select items. Top deals include:
- Beats by Dre Wireless Headphones $129.00 (originally $199.99)
- Bluetooth Smartwatch $19.99 (originally $49.99)
- UV Sanitation Phone Charger $14.99 (originally $49.99)
- Pillows starting at $2.99
- Towels and fleece throws starting at $4.99
- Cookware and small appliances starting at $9.99
The best Black Friday deals to look out for every year are cookware, movies, home goods, electronics, and purchases with free gifts. Even if you don’t want the free gift, it will always make a nice stocking stuffer for someone else.
Cyber Monday: Cyber Monday is November 30 this year and is one of the biggest online shopping events of the year. Looks for the best deals at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart, and Target. There are only 25 days between Cyber Monday and Christmas so be sure to grab discounts as soon as you can to avoid shipping delays.
In-season Produce: One of the best things to buy in November is food! With Thanksgiving this month, you can expect to find these fresh fruits and veggies on sale:
- Fruits: apples, pumpkins, pears, cranberries, plums, clementines
- Vegetables: broccoli, leaks, squash, cabbage, celery, parsnips, shallots, turnips, yams, cauliflower, potatoes
Phew! That’s quite a long list of the best things to buy in November! But honestly I could go on and one with the Black Friday deals section. There’s so much going on this month with all the sales and stores competing against each other!
What’s on your shopping list this month? Will you be seeking out the best Black Friday deals this year?
36 thoughts on “Best Things to Buy in November”
WOW! So many deals, Michelle! Thank you, as always, for doing all the research! I’m off to check out some of these that I wasn’t aware of!
You’re welcome! I hope you have fun shopping and saving! 😀
Best advise “Planning ahead is key to a successful shopping season.” These are all great deals, you always come up with a couple of things I had no idea about, in this post fruits and vegetables 🙂
Thank you Michelle, great tips as always <3
Thank you! I’m so glad you found it helpful! 😀
Noooooo, don’t mention food storage containers – I seem to be developing an obsession with little plastic boxes! I’ve got a drawer full of them now but they are so, so handy.
I always love checking out your ‘things to buy’ lists. Some great suggestions and tips for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales too. I wasn’t sure what it would be like this year. It’s not as big in the UK but we usually get some discounts, I just don’t think they’re up to much. Amazon are usually decent though. Will keep an eye out because it’s not that far away now – I honestly don’t know where the time is going this year!
Stay safe & well lovely xx
Haha!! I had to get rid of some last year because I had too many! 😀
Thank you!! I’m so glad you find these posts helpful. 🙂 Black Friday is going to be a lot different this year and it kinda makes me sad. I always look forward to spending the day out shopping with my mom even if we don’t even buy anything.
Thanks so much for doing all this research Michelle! I always love your Best Things to Buy posts. It looks like there may be some fantastic buys over these next couple of months. Now I need to get busy making my list…. Thanks again!
You’re welcome! I’m so glad you find these posts helpful! 🙂
You did such an amazing job compiling all the Black Friday deals Michelle! I can tell how much work you put into everything, and I really appreciate it. Target is calling my name this shopping season! There’s nothing I love more than a Target haul!
Thank you so much for noticing! I’m so glad you find them helpful. I love Target, too! My spare room is starting to fill up with Target boxes. lol!!
What great research! You do such great work posting it all! I’m in need of a laptop so will be looking into the Black Friday deals!
Have a blessed weekend!
Thank you so much! I’m glad you find them helpful. 🙂 I hope you find a great deal on a laptop!
Great list! Thank you for sharing this with us. It helps to know where to find the best deals. Especially as we start Christmas shopping. Have a blessed weekend!
Thank you! And you’re welcome. I’m glad you find these posts helpful! 🙂
Many deals and you did a great job Michelle !! ??
Thank you so much!! 🙂
Wow now if I just wasn’t all done Christmas shopping…lol I just may check them out and maybe I can find a good deal for me..lol
Yes! You deserve a special gift, too. ?
Baking supplies, here I come! ??
Haha! I get excited to buy baking supplies, too! ?
This is such a great time of year to shop with all of the Christmas offers starting. I’ve got my eye on a few things for Black Friday x
Yes it is. I’m glad the sales have been extended this year. ?
Cyber Monday is always my favorite!! Great list of ideas!!
Thank you! I can always find the best deals on Cyber Monday, too. 🙂
Plus you don’t have to go out and about..well for us we have to travel two hours for semi-decent shopping which isn’t my cup of tea?
I know what you mean. My mom and I are going to sit on her couch with our coffees and laptops and do Black Friday shopping this year. 😀
Ahhhh that’s a fun idea!!!!
Your list of stores included all my favorite places – thanks!
That’s great! Happy shopping this month! 😀
WOW, AS USUAL YOU’VE THOUGTH OF EVERYTHING!
Thank you! I try to get it all in the best I can. 🙂
Am I allowed to edit that? Did not mean to misspell or use all caps. Haste makes waste.
That’s ok. I knew you weren’t yelling at me. 😀
Michelle, your extensive research for this post is so insightful. You have earned the distinguished position as WordPress’ #1 Consumer Guru! Well done.
Thank you so much! You’ve made my day! 🙂