Are you ready to start saving money on groceries? Keep reading to learn more about my money-saving grocery shopping challenge!
As many of you may know, we are renovating our 75-year-old home so we can sell it and buy a new home. This process hasn’t been that easy and it has cost quite a bit of money. However, not as much money as it would have if we were paying companies to do the renovation for us.
Over the years I’ve learned a lot about different ways to save money and live frugally. I want to share what I’ve learned with you so that you can live a more frugal and comfortable lifestyle instead of living paycheck to paycheck.
This year my main focus is on saving money. Looking back over our budget, one of the categories we spend the most money on is groceries. My goal is to lower our grocery bill as much as possible.
That’s why I’m starting a money-saving grocery shopping challenge. I hope you will follow along with me and participate in this challenge, too!
Recommended reading: 35 Topnotch Frugal Living Tips
Grocery Shopping Challenge
The average American household spends a little over $4000 on groceries each year. That’s a lot of money for food!
I want to lower that cost so I can use the extra money for other things, such as buying a new home. And I’m guessing you have things of your own you would like to have. Maybe that includes:
- a new car
- a new home
- a new wardrobe
- those new shoes you’ve been eyeing for months
No matter what it is that you want to purchase, you have to have the extra money to get it.
Which is why I started the grocery shopping challenge.
What to expect during the grocery shopping challenge
My grocery shopping challenge will be held every Friday for 6 weeks starting January 15. If you are signed up for my email list, you will get the challenge to your inbox every Sunday. If you are not on my email list and would like to be, you can use the form below.
- During week one, you will learn more about how to comparison shop at the grocery store. Comparison shopping sounds a little intimidating, but it’s actually quite easy. As a bonus, you’ll get a free printable price sheet to help you keep track of prices.
- Week 2 will be all about meal planning. You’ll learn more about meal planning in general and how it can help you save money on groceries. As a bonus, you’ll get 3 meal planning sheets!
- For week 3 of the grocery shopping challenge, you’ll learn how to save money without using coupons. I used to be a coupon freak until I learned how to save just as much money without them. It’s also less stressful and a major time saver. As a bonus, you’ll get free inventory sheets to print out!
- Week 4 is going to be full of tips to make your groceries last longer. I hate throwing away leftovers and bad produce because I feel like I might as well just be tossing dollar bills in the trash.
- This is another week full of amazing tips, only these tips are going to help you save big at the grocery store!
- Finally, in the last week of the grocery shopping challenge, you’ll learn how to put together your own ultimate kitchen binder. This binder is going to help you save both time and money. You’ll get a bunch of free printables to create your binder with, plus tips on how to use it.
Other things to expect during this challenge
- Expect to save time: Not only will you learn how to save money during the challenge, but you’ll learn how to save time, too. Being organized is a major time saver. The kitchen binder along with all my free printables will help you get organized, saving you a lot of time.
- Expect to be less stressed: Overspending causes a lot of stress. And so does being unorganized. This grocery shopping challenge will help you get organized and learn how to spend less on groceries, therefore bringing your stress level down.
- Expect to have fun: What? Fun grocery shopping? I know. I hear ya! But, consider this challenge to be like a fun game. Reward yourself at the end with something you love, like a piece of mouthwatering, moist chocolate cake.
I hope you’ll join me on this money-saving grocery shopping challenge! I am so excited to help you save money while grocery shopping!