Pretzel Hugs Recipe
Pretzel Hugs are so easy to make and look so pretty, too. Wrap them up in a pretty container for a great gift idea!
I have been making these pretzel hugs for Christmas for the past few years. They are wonderful for gifting and super easy to make. They are pretty, too, unless your bag of pretzels are broken – like mine were. Since I was not presenting them to Gordon Ramsay I figured they would be okay.
Pretzel hugs can be made with any type of M&M’s to change up the color. I chose red and green since I am making them for Christmas.
Pretzel hugs also make great gift ideas. Wrap them up in a pretty container and add a bow on top and you’ve got yourself a beautiful and delicious gift!
Pretzel Hugs – The Recipe
What you need:
To make these, you will need square pretzels (not buttered flavored!) I have seen star-shaped pretzels in the past, but I couldn’t find them this year. I thought they would be cute for Christmas. You will also need Hershey’s Hugs and a bag of M&M’s. I used red and green because I was making them for Christmas. They are also pretty with the regular M&M’s.
What you do:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (I used wax paper because I was out of parchment paper and I refused to go back to the store for the 100th time.)
Align the pretzels on the paper in a single layer.
Place one hug on the top of each pretzel.
Bake in the preheated oven for 4-6 minutes. You want the chocolate to be shiny and soft, but not entirely melted!
Place an M&M on top of the slightly melted hug and press down gently; just enough to spread the chocolate a little bit.
Put them in the freezer to allow them to set, about 15 minutes or so. When they are set, put them in an air-tight container.
These are pretty wrapped in cellophane bags tied with a ribbon, or placed in cute little tins for gifting.
The sweet and salty combined makes these pretzel hugs highly addictive, so you’ve been warned!
What’s your favorite recipe that can also make a pretty gift idea?
- Square Pretzels (not butter flavored)
- Hershey’s Hugs chocolates, unwrapped
- Milk Chocolate M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Align pretzels in a single layer on the paper, then top each pretzel with a Hershey’s Hug.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 4-5 minutes; just until the chocolate is shiny and soft, but not completely melted. Remove from oven and place an M&M on top of each melted chocolate. Press down to spread out the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes or so, until the chocolate has set. Put in air-tight containers.